To address researchers in China with a strong existing link to European RTD institutions is crucial to boost a winning collaborative research. Contacts exist through
- European researchers already based in China
- Chinese researchers educated in Europe
- Chinese researchers already co-operating in a successful manner with peers from the west
- Chinese and European researchers active in special fields of interest to both sides, e.g. urbanization, global health, energy,…
Therefore Dragon-Star partners on 8 May 2013 jointly organized a 2.5 hour training session at Ningbo University of Nottingham. The University is a pioneer in bridging the gap between researchers from both sides and is the first western university to set up a subsidiary in China. It is not placed in the metropolitan cities but nevertheless is a very successful venture. Therefore the place seemed ideal for a workshop, also to carefully listen to the state of knowledge about European research and what kind of information is needed.
The trainings session was carefully including the following topics:
1. Introduction (About Dragon-Star & support actions of the EU Commission)
2. History of European collaborative research
3. Sample of recent EU FP6 & 7
4. Lessons learned of from EU FP7 – Strength & Improvements needed
5. Horizon2020: (i) Background and key political papers, (ii) Structure, (iii) Finances
6. Sino-EU Co-operation
If your institute is interested in a similar workshop on site in China or in Europe, please announce your interest to email@example.com . We are delighted to inform your researchers and motivate them to go for more international co-operations.