DRAGON-STAR (1 Oct 2012- 30 Sep 2015)
Taking into account the global significance of China in the financial world and its rapidly increasing role in the global research environment, Dragon-STAR supports the Sino-European collaboration in 4 levels:
- Enhancing the quality of the Chinese participation in the Framework Programs and especially reinforcing the participation from less economically developed areas.
- Supporting the reciprocity originating from the signed EU-China Scientific Cooperation Agreement and the other bilateral initiatives.
- Supporting the bilateral cooperation in the broader field of innovation and especially technological cooperation between industrial players.
- Supporting the ongoing bilateral Scientific Cooperation dialogue and the other related initiatives.
The overarching practical aims of Dragon-STAR are to:
- Analyse, evaluate and foresight current and future trends in Chinese research and technological development, and identify future cooperation opportunities; and support the scientific policy dialogue with useful information.
- Investigate the cooperation opportunities and suggest a roadmap to jointly address specific societal challenges facing China.
- Improve the quality of the Chinese participation in European funded initiatives Identify and support current technological and research bilateral collaboration opportunities.
- Support the presence of European companies in the China, providing contacts, providing information on the regulatory framework, and supporting specific missions to China.
- Actively encourage and support the reciprocity in the EU-China collaboration. This will be realized by enhancing the participation of European researchers in Chinese funded initiatives, and by investigating the possibilities of other joint research activities (twinning of labs, joint liaison offices, etc).