Official Launch of Horizon 2020 in China
Training on Horizon 2020
Date: Friday, 22 November 2013, Time: 14:30 – 18:00 p.m. followed by Cocktail Reception
Location: Regent Hotel Beijing, 99 Jinbao Street, Dongcheng District, 100005 Beijing, 北京丽晶酒店北京东城区金宝街99 号邮政编码100005
Organisers: EU Delegation in China, DRAGON-STAR , supported by EURAXESS LINKS China
Targeted Audience: Representatives of Chinese government, Chinese and European universities,institutions and companies engaged in research, innovation and science interested in participating in the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020
The official launch of Horizon 2020 in China, was organised on the 22nd of November 2013, while a short practical training on “how to apply to Horizon 2020” was provided by Dragon-Star and supported by EURAXESS Links China
The main objectives of the Event:
1. Official launch of the European Union Framework Programme for Research and Innovation “Horizon 2020” in China
2. Encourage the participation of Chinese research and innovation stakeholders in Horizon 2020 projects
3. Give practical training on participation opportunities in Horizon 2020
– International Cooperation: means and instruments in Horizon 2020
– Partner search and rules for participation
– Tools and techniques to participate and succeed
4. Introduce EURAXESS Links China as important information tool
-Check here the conference agenda: Training on Horizon 2020
The official launch of Horizon 2020 has gathered more than 250 participants around China from public and private organisations, that have expressed a strong interest for collaboration within the new framework program for Research and Innovation.
The launching ceremony was presided by Mr Rudolf Strohmeier, Deputy Director General for Research and Innovation, European Commission. Mr Strohmeier presented the concept and objectives of Horizon 2020 and invited the Chinese researchers to cooperate with their European counterparts. Mr Xing Jijun, Deputy Director General of the CSTEC/MoST, has warmly supported the participation of the Chinese organisations in Horizon 2020, and underlined that the priority should be given on the opportunity for collaboration and not on the research grants.
After the official launch, a practical training for Horizon 2020, was organised and delivered by the DRAGON-STAR team.
- Introduction, DRAGONSTAR_update, Epaminondas Christofilopoulos, FORTH
- General presentation of _H2020 & International_Cooperation, Epaminondas Christofilopoulos, FORTH
- Available tools/techniques and databases searching for partners,George Baroutas, FORTH
- Best Practice: How to be successful in the Framework Programs, Prof. Daoliang Li, China Agricultural University (CAU)
- Meeting the evaluators ecpectations-How to be succesful in Horion 2020, Andrea Degen, EURELATIONS