DRAGON-STAR Plus (1 Feb 2015 – 31 Jan 2018)
The shift in China’s strategy focusing towards R&I and transforming the essence of its economy has been complimented with massive public investments in research and technology. In order to tackle critical global issues demanding close scientific and technological cooperation at an international level, EU has identified in China a natural partner able to contribute and complement its own capacity.
Beginning of 2015, major European and Chinese Research & Academic organisations, Innovation intermediaries, Public Authorities, Funding agencies and SMEs have teamed up to provide an answer to this necessity and foster EU-China cooperation in the large spectrum of S&T RDI topics.
Over 3 years, through the DRAGON STAR Plus project and building on the results of the DRAGON STAR project, they will:
- Support the European and Chinese research communities to establish collaborations under Horizon 2020 and beyond.
- Provide a cooperation platform and tools to policy makers, aiming ultimately to support and enhance the bilateral cooperation, through the concept of mutual benefit.
- Provide an ERA-NET style platform to funding agencies for exchanging best practices and planning joint activities in the field.
Throughout the 3 years, a large number of outcomes will be made available to the project stakeholders. Especially, the project will seek to:
- Upgrade the operation of the NCP and RCP network in China
- Raise awareness on H2020 in the Chinese Research Community and sustain participation rates
- Raise awareness on Chinese Funding opportunities to the European Research Community
- Assess the Chinese participation in the Framework Programmes
- Provide recommendations for planning future bilateral/multilateral joint calls
- Provide recommendations for future thematic priority setting and elaboration.
- Design future scenarios for China’s research and innovation landscape up until 2030 in the light of current trends.
- Map current STI activities in China
- Identify obstacles and provide proposal for their removal in common STI activities
- Enhance Innovation cooperation and Technology transfer in China
- Enhance Research collaboration with China
- Dissolute misconceptions about China
A wide range of services and events will be implemented and organised during the 3 years lifetime of the project to reach the aforementioned objectives.
Discover more information through the “Event” page
What is DRAGON STAR Plus all about? Discover the project in images