The future of Chinese research – What are the scenarios for the future? (Task leader: Phemonoe Lab/EMETRIS)
Part of the Dragon-Star project is the execution of a foresight exercise that will reveal future development scenarios regarding the research environment in China. The report will identify future cooperation opportunities and threats, as well as trends and strategies in the fields of science and innovation. The main objectives of this task are to:
- Assess EU and China research and innovation landscape in to the future
- Identify future risks, opportunities, trends, competitive industries and technologies, in research and innovation
- Specifically investigate the areas of priority as described in the SFIC report.
- Identify potential cooperation areas, partners, technologies, etc, between EU and China
The task is executed through an initial quantitative analysis of scientific data followed by the study of specific case studies, and expert interviews. The final outcome will be the “China 2025” report.
——-> The Trendscanning for the identification of trends/factors affecting the research environment in China, is ongoing. Read here the first draft!
Technology Trends Spotting in China
- Capture and share insights and ideas for innovative technologies and applications in China. Feel free to post ideas and applications on any area (transport, environment, urbanization, health, social life, etc).
- The best technology spotter will receive an i-Pad mini, while special gifts will be awarded to the 5 most significant spottings.
On going Tracking
Check also the following selected articles, produced by Dragon-Star:
- Are you ready for the Chinese New Year? An unknown effect of the lunar new year on the industrial production.
- China’s vision of a new Global order. An interesting article about a number of plausible futures for China.
- China, Drugs, and Rock & Roll, about the future of the pharmaceutical bussines in China.
- Urbanization and the emerging middle class in China, about the huge on-going transformation of the Chinese society.
- China: Hungry for Energy, about the great quest for energy resources
- China joins the elite club of moonwalkers, about the great space race.
Get a sneak peek of our Scenario Work